Following Jesus means reaching out to our communities–and to the world–in service. All Saints in Big Sky has found a variety of ways to engage in outreach:
- Selling fair trade products at the Summer Farmer’s Market, and at Coffee and Fellowship Time on Sunday morning. (Read more about our Coffee Project!)
- Providing care and faith formation for Big Sky children who are not connected with any church, through summer VBS Daycamp and the winter Godly Play Wednesday afterschool program
- Supporting the local Big Sky Food Bank
- Helping with winter and summer Eagle Mount programs for kids with cancer
- Joining inmates for worship in Deer Lodge at the Freedom in Christ Prison Ministry
- Giving annual financial gifts to local non-profits (like Big Sky Food Bank and Eagle Mount), programs in Montana (like Camp Marshall, InterMountain Social Services, Freedom in Christ Prison Congregation) and internationally, to Augusta Victoria Hospital of the Lutheran World Federation in Jerusalem and the Anglican Al Ahli Arab Hospital in Gaza City.
We try to remain open to the Holy Spirit’s guidance: In what new ways can we reach out this season to those in need? With God’s help, we keep trying to give of ourselves in service, and we find we receive as much – or more – in return.