Welcome to All Saints in Big Sky
Whether you are a vacationer, a part-time resident, a seasonal worker, or a full-time community member of Big Sky, you are welcome here. Whether you are old or young, single or partnered, married or widowed, alone or with family, retired or working, sure of your faith or still figuring it out, you are welcome here.
At All Saints in Big Sky, you will discover a unique faith community of Episcopalians, Lutherans, persons with a variety of other church backgrounds, and those who are trying out church for the first time.
At our center is God, abounding in mercy and love, made known to us in Jesus Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit.
How We are Loving Our Neighbor at All Saints: Protocols for Worship during a Pandemic
- Sick and vulnerable people are encouraged to remain at home.
- All Saints Worship will take place at 10 AM at this time.
- We will attempt to hold worship outdoors. Worshippers are encouraged to brings lawn chairs/blankets. Some Chapel chairs will be set outside by ushers.
- Worship will be moved indoors if weather or other considerations warrant it. Chapel surfaces will be thoroughly cleaned following St. Joseph’s Mass.
- Masks will be worn: Please bring one from home. Limited supplies will be available.
- Ushers will direct worshippers to where they can sit. Worshippers are encouraged to maintain social distancing during and after worship.
- Bulletins will include everything necessary for participation in worship. Hymnals will not be used at this time.
- Offering plate/basket will be available in Chapel entryway or in our outdoor worship space.
- The “Peace” will be shared verbally or with a bow/wave/sign of peace.
- There will be no Eucharist celebration at this time.
- Music will be primarily instrumental, with occasional vocal soloists or duets.
We will also be asking all attendees at worship during this time of COVID-19 transmission, to leave contact information at each worship service they attend for the purposes of potential contact tracing.
Worship with us online each Sunday morning via Zoom Meeting, or access the recording below.
June 18, 2020
Dear Members and Friends of All Saints in Big Sky,
At a June 16 meeting, the All Saints in Big Sky Joint Council voted unanimously to resume live chapel services beginning on Sunday, June 28. A new time of 10:00 AM was selected to facilitate an outdoor service when weather permits and more time for preparations between services.
As the Joint Council has planned for this resumption of live chapel services over the last two months, our primary focus has been on how we are caring for one another and loving our neighbor during this pandemic with a concern for the health and safety of our members, friends, visitors, and especially the most vulnerable among us.
The result of this planning process was the June 16 approval of a “Plan for Resuming Public Worship at All Saints in Big Sky” which provides the details and required procedures for conducting worship services under Phase 2 of the Governor’s plan to reopen Montana that went into effect on June 1. In addition to the Plan, the Joint Council carried out an all member and friends contact effort to determine the level of support for resuming live services and carefully monitored COVID cases and hospitalizations in Gallatin County. The following is a summary of the Plan requirements:
- We will worship outside whenever weather permits
- Sick and vulnerable persons should remain at home
- Physical distancing will be enforced
- Masks will be required
- There will be no Eucharist celebration
- There will be no singing by the congregation
- Attendance will be taken to facilitate future contact tracing
From this you can see that, for now, our service will not be what we are accustomed to. Our hope and prayer are that COVID cases and hospitalizations in Gallatin County will remain at low levels and that Montana will be able to continue reopening into Phase 3 sometime soon. Be assured that, as changes occur regarding the pandemic, the Joint Council will re-evaluate our plans and procedures to meet any new realities and will stay in touch will all members and friends as changes are implemented.
In the meantime, for those who cannot attend a live chapel service, Pr. Miriam, Pr. Valerie, Sarah, and Bonnie will continue our ministry through online home worship, prayer, bible studies and meetings.
If you have questions, comments or would just like to talk about this further, please feel free to email or call me or any member of the Joint Council; members are Erin Bevan, Colleen Cleary-Boyer, Ginna Hermann, Dennis McCarthy, Ann Scheder-Bieschin, Kim Ranstrom, Bill Vetter and Pat Miller.
The peace of the Lord be with you as we work our way through this Pandemic,
Pat Miller – All Saints in Big Sky Joint Council President
Online giving is now available for All Saints in Big Sky!
Enter here to begin online giving to the General Fund of All Saints in Big Sky